Users can now link Slack and Planbox workspaces to build the ultimate creative concept development powerhouse
Wilmington, Delaware — Planbox, a pioneer in cloud-based AI-powered agile innovation management solutions, today launched its integration with Slack, a real-time messaging and powerful communication tool for teams, that enables users to easily collaborate on innovation activities across both platforms.
The natural continuum of collaboration leads organizations to leverage Planbox’s Agile Innovation Management Platform to bring more focus, purpose and structure to the conversations and discussions taking place in collaboration solutions such as Slack. This integration dramatically increases engagement in both solutions and creates better crowdsourcing opportunities to identify creative ideas, discover new insights and deliver winning solutions.
Teams can leverage this integration to turn their Slack conversations into trackable ideas and concept development actions in Planbox, or have their ‘virtual water-cooler talk’ lead to an innovation challenge or idea that is then followed up on, discussed and evaluated using established innovation and risk management workflows and processes. Below are some examples of what users can achieve from within Slack:
- Take action on ideas directly from notifications or a Planbox link. Users can see the idea’s details, vote or comment on the idea, or open it in Planbox for further actions, development and analysis.
- Get notifications on any innovation-related activity happening in Planbox. Users can get notifications for challenge start and end dates, when someone votes or comments on your idea, regular updates on your innovation program, and for ideas you’re following.
- Link a specific idea in Planbox to a Slack channel. The channel will receive notifications when updates and changes are made to the idea.
- Take advantage of a powerful Planbox feature called Sync Messaging to set up a bi-directional sync so that any messages in an idea’s Slack channel are automatically pushed to Planbox and vice versa.
- Once you’ve connected Slack with Planbox, you can use Planbox’s business rule engine to automatically trigger actions and send messages to Slack.
“A lot of conversations are now held exclusively in popular messaging apps such as Slack. By seamlessly weaving these discussions into Planbox and vice versa in real-time, teams across the enterprise will be able to convert their daily exchanges into positive business outcomes by collaborating and following up on their ideas with higher engagement, greater efficiency and more visibility than ever before,” said Karell Ste-Marie, CTO at Planbox.
Visit Planbox’s Slack integration page to learn more.
Explore Planbox’s full suite of innovation integration to learn more about how your organization can make innovation part of everyday work.
Planbox is the pioneering cloud-based AI-powered agile innovation management platform trusted by some of the world’s most recognized brands, including Blue Cross, Cargill, Caterpillar, Dow Chemical, Exxon Mobil, Honeywell, John Deere, Novartis, Ontario Power Generation, Sun Life Financial, Whirlpool and Verizon, with millions of internal and external users. By leveraging a single system of record for innovation, its clients have built an agile innovation management capability that allows companies to innovate consistently and experiment cost-effectively within its ecosystem of employees, customers, strategic partners, universities, virtual net-works of R&D problem solvers, entrepreneurs and startups. Planbox’s Agile Innovation Management Suite is a modular platform for full lifecycle Innovation Portfolio Management, Emerging Tech Empowerment and Ecosystem Enablement. The AI engine mines your data for insights while your community collaborates to discover, develop and capitalize on the best strategically aligned ideas within your ecosystem of employees, customers, partners, academia and startups. Planbox accelerates business outcomes by pursuing breakthrough innovations, creating a sustainable continuous improvement program, building a framework for corporate venturing and actioning on consumer insights.