Planbox is committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The regulation contains the most significant changes to European data privacy legislation in the last 20 years. It is designed to give EU citizens more control over their privacy, what data is collected and shared about them, and unifies a number of existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive regulation.
Our customers can trust that we have made GDPR a priority and have devoted significant resources toward our efforts to comply with GDPR. This news release outlines our approach and progress to date.
What We Are Doing
Like many other software companies, we are implementing our company-wide GDPR compliance strategy leading up to May 25, 2018 and beyond. We understand that our customers have requirements under GDPR that are directly impacted by their use of our services, and we are fully committed to helping our customers fulfill their requirements under GDPR.
Below are some of the initiatives we have committed to in order to satisfy GDPR requirements that apply to both our customers and us:
- Committing to security and privacy measures required under GDPR.
- Where we are transferring data outside of the EU, committing to appropriate data transfer mechanisms as required by GDPR.
- Assisting our customers with satisfying their GDPR data security and privacy requirements, notifying regulators of personal data breaches on our systems and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and end-users.
- Ensuring our staff that access and process our customer’s personal data are bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data.
- Confirming that all subprocessors that handle our customers’ personal data are bound by the applicable data management, security and privacy standards required under GDPR
- Committing to carrying out data impact assessments and consulting with EU regulators where appropriate.