Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood day folks!
Riddle me this: what are industry leaders doing to grow their companies 3.5 times the average? OK, that’s not really a riddle, but the question still stands: how are they doing it? Why, they’re using Technology-Driven Innovation silly! Come on! Everyone knows that!
As part of an ongoing series on the future of technology and innovation, Forrester identified 15 best practices that differentiate high-growth leaders. Four of them are currently published in their report on Best Practices For Technology-Driven Innovation, the latter of which is designed to help CIOs understand what these high-performing firms are doing and how your firm can leverage technology to improve innovation outcomes!
The research is authored by none other than James Staten and Brian Hopkins, among others, who also authored as you already know The Forrester Wave™ Innovation Management Platforms, Q1 2020, in which Planbox practiced social distancing to the fullest extent.
SO! Here are some of the report’s key takeaways:
- Leaders Prioritize Disruptive Change: Growth and customer experience (CX) improvement continue to be top priorities for all firms. Leaders also put some priority on disruption, such as business model and employee experience (EX) innovation, while laggards do not.
- Leaders Have A Culture Of Risk-Taking To Create Customer Value: Leaders embrace constant change, innovating around customer-obsessed future outcomes. They fail fast, are willing to develop new technology when it doesn’t exist in the market, and worry less about competitor disruption.
- Leaders Understand And Adapt To Future Customer Needs: Technology continues to create disruptive opportunity for firms that understand customers’ future needs and take early action. Technologydriven innovation (TDI) helps you stay ahead.
And now, for the first time ever in the history of key takeways, here are the key takeaways from the key takeaways:
- Create a culture of innovation that rewards experimentation and embraces constant change
- Collaborate with your innovation ecosystem to innovate more disruptively
- Scout emerging technologies and market trends by paying more attention to the startup community and venture investment
If you want to read the full report, click here! It’s jam-packed with insightful content and some gorgeous charts that come in different shades and hues of their brand color, which is really pretty on the eyes. But I digress.
AND! If you’re craving EVEN MORE innovation content from Forrester, and find yourself waking up in the middle of the night screaming I WANT TO ESCALATE & INTENSIFY COMPANY WIDE INNOVATION FOCUS EVEN IN TOUGH TIMES, then you’re in luck, because we have a webinar coming up on May 7 at 1PM EDT about just that! What a coincidence! And it features guest speaker James Staten, too! Read the press release to learn more or…
Til next time folks!