6 Reasons to Build an Agile Business Model from the Ground Up
Successfully running an organization is all about adapting to change. Whether it is a challenge from an up and coming competitor, a new innovation that revolutionizes the work process, or even an economic downturn, there are virtually endless scenarios that must be constantly met with ingenuity and decisive action. Fundamentally speaking, there are two distinct approaches that can be applied to this need to adapt.
- Some business leaders, especially in larger, more traditional organizations, aim to be reactive. They stick with tried and true tactics and strategies until they reach the point where change is necessary, and then they respond in exact proportion to the change that occurred. Ideally, they devise solutions that address the new challenge without changing any other aspect of how their organization is managed.
- Others strive to be proactive. These leaders are constantly predicting trends and looking at their own managerial decisions with a critical eye. Nothing is ever “good enough” for these individuals — they always believe that things can be done faster, smarter, and in a more innovative fashion. Ideally, they are always ahead of the curve, leading the way as early adopters or even innovators.
- Be Prepared. Considering the future today is the best way to avoid chaos tomorrow. Proactive business owners are less likely to get caught off guard, which can help mitigate risk and turn changes into opportunities rather than challenges.
- Save Time and Money. Trying to solve a problem after the fact is almost always more wasteful of company resources. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure — and a small investment in preparation can be worth millions in damage control.
- Identify New Innovations. Thinking ahead can help you make the moves needed to position your organization at the forefront of innovation. This is one reason why it is often small, agile companies that lead disruptive innovations.
- Allow for Flexibility. Proactive organizations are much more open to change, because change is a normal part of how they function. Highly reactive organizations with rigid structures and unresponsive leadership are much more likely to falter when flexibility becomes a necessity.
- Better Internal Understanding. The constant drive to improve leads organizations to attain better data insights and information on their own strengths and weaknesses, because they are always attempting to identify what the next big change is going to be.
- Roadmapping the Future. Proactive organizations are able to plan for and build the future that they want, rather than waiting on external forces to determine which direction they should go in.
Are You Running a Proactive Organization?
Planbox can help your business become more flexible and innovative by identifying emerging trends and critical focus areas, generating new ideas and finding creative solutions in an efficient and systematic manner. Visit us online to learn more about our software solutions for innovation management, employee engagement, and strategy and market research. Alternatively, watch this short online demo and get in touch with us to learn more about Planbox and experience our solutions for yourself!