Following a highly successful 2016, Planbox has continued to experience rapid growth and once again doubled its revenues in 2017. There is a groundswell of interest for innovation and demand for innovation management software and expertise is on the rise. Incredible pressure to relentlessly innovate as the world goes through massive digital transformation is having a profound impact on how companies operate. Many organizations are now actively seeking to develop a system of record for innovation and build innovation management as a core competency.
- Planbox cited as a Top Innovation Management Solution provider by MarketsandMarkets and recognized by Gartner Trusted Reviews among the top for the 2017 Gartner Reviewers’ Choice for Idea Management Software.
- Planbox customer base and recurring revenue doubled. Many new organizations embraced innovation as a system of record including: Whirlpool, the largest cable provider in the United States, Ontario Power Generation, One of the Top 10 Fortune 500 Energy companies, one of the Big 5 Canadian Banks, one of the largest US-based assurance, advisory and tax services providers, Ultradent, Grupo Familia, Koppers, Blackbox, National Grid, Southlake, Canadian Government’s Innovation Department and Philips Electronics.
- 90%+ customer retention with clients continuing to expand their innovation program and renewing their commitment to build a sustainable culture of innovation with additional investments from existing customers such as Honeywell, Sun Life Financial and Hollister.
Product Innovation highlights:
This year marked a major leap for the innovation management software market with Planbox latest patent pending Self-Driving Innovation management software release leveraging AI to power information discovery and putting in place the building blocks for smart administration of the innovation funnel and sustainable innovation portfolio management.
Key new innovations in 2017 included:
- Self Driving Ideas creates a real-time information stream using internal and external data sources (such as Facebook, Twitter, RSS Feed (Mashable, TechCrunch, US Patent database), Salesforce.com, SharePoint, Yammer, email threads etc.) that you have access to. Self-driven ideas are auto-created and published as ideas or idea fragments in Planbox where they can be further discussed, evaluated, merged and developed with additional AI and automation capabilities
- Netflix Inspired idea panel interface that allows users to engage with ideas in a highly visual manner across a number of easy to view and browse lists
- Planbox Idea Lab, available on Google Play and Apple Appstore, a simple mobile app for idea submission, participation in challenges, and community collaboration
- Limited release of a new Idea Manager module for quick and effective review and evaluation of ideas by subject matter experts
- New reporting module with advanced dashboarding capabilities and self service analytics
- Configurable leaderboards and dashboards as a simple alternative for Planbox Express customers who want to display top contributors, KPIs and analytics in their innovation portal
- Other new enhancements and changes include:
- Branded microsite to share and promote you innovation portal as its own unique, secure branded web property.
- New integration with Jive and SharePoint
- New Challenge launch Interface
- User Activity Feeds and Notifications for improved collaboration
- Distributed system to handle content and attachments for increased system performance, reliability and data integrity
- Enhanced Business Rule Engine (New events and actions) and Form Designer (more report friendly)
- Encrypted Data at Rest
- API updates: more functions available, improved performance and better standards for quicker integrations
Customer success highlights:
“A customizable, robust platform boasting a user-friendly intuitive design.”
– Lynne Hayes, Product Management Specialist in Innovation at Honeywell Intelligrated
”Self-Driving Innovation brings innovation management to the next level by putting intelligence right at the decision points that are critical to developing breakthrough ideas”
– Joanna Kong, AVP Innovation Lab at Sun Life Financial
“Very professional team that knows how to maximize the use of the platform. Planbox is very powerful!”
– Pat Clifford, Director, Research and Innovation at Southlake Regional Health Centre
2018 promises to be a pivotal year for Planbox as the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is taking on this challenge by launching a new standard titled ISO 50501 for Innovation Management this year to help guide organizations track, manage, measure and learn from their innovation investments. Something that 80% of companies say they struggle with today.
“A sustainable systematic culture of innovation has proven to be an elusive goal for most organizations”, says Ludwig Melik, CEO Planbox, “2018 should mark the year when Innovation Management software is recognized to be a business success imperative as organizations seek to operationalize innovation management and adopt the new ISO 50501 standard for innovation management”.
Planbox is the pioneering provider of cloud-based AI-Powered Agile Work Innovation solutions – from creative ideas to winning projects. Our mission is to help organizations thrive by transforming the culture of agile work, continuous innovation and creativity across the entire organization. Planbox is built for companies and teams of all sizes and trusted by some of the world’s most recognized brands including Bridgestone, BP, Great-West Life, Honeywell, Panama Canal Authority, Philips, Sealed Air, Sun Life Financial, Whirlpool, Willis Towers Watson and Verizon with millions of internal and external users. To learn more, visit: www.planbox.com and unleash your innovation butterfly.